11.11.2009

My Veteran, on Veteran's Day.





Today is Veteran's Day. Well, for the next 23 minutes, it is. I'm a little late in getting this up. But I wanted to take a minute and thank MY Veteran. We have been in the military together now for going on four years. Well, 3.5, I guess is more accurate. We've been through trainings, getting married, having a baby, deployments, long hours, time apart, switching branches, more training, more time apart, moving, unpacking, packing and a whole bunch of stuff that we could write a book on. I love this guy. He sometimes wonders why. But I do. I love him!! He goes to work and sometimes wonders why he does. It's hard. He is pushed and challenged and forced to think outside his box. But he does it. He does it for me. He does it for Logan! And he does it for our future children. He gets seasick. But goes out on the boat, anyway. He spends a lot of time away from us. That's hard on him. But he is trying to make it work. We all are. We love him. We loved the Air Force and all the opportunities it afforded us there. The banquets, the friends we made, the BBQ's and Christmas parties! We loved it all. And here in the Coast Guard, we love it, too! We have friends from everywhere! The sacrifice of a service person is almost always high. Military can be hard on families and relationships. Adam and I have seen our share of struggles and trials and have tried to come out on top. It's not been easy. Military is taxing, even when they are not "deployed." It's a demanding job and often exhausting. But those inside do it because they LOVE it. They LOVE protecting you. And me. And our freedoms and rights as we know them now. So when you hear the stories of servicemen and women, listen for an extra minute or two. Their stories are truly amazing. They are, each and every single one of them, heroes. Next time you hear the jets over your house, look up and think about the person flying it. And be thankful. I love my Veteran. I love supporting him. I love supporting all these men and women I know! Adam, thank you for being so amazing and so supportive of me. You are so strong, though you may not think so. I know you are. I love you and all you stand for. Don't forget that. And thanks for being My Veteran! Happy Veteran's Day, Baby!

4 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

very well put Jen, loved reading that. They are amazing men and women.

Prescott Family said...

Thank you Adam and all other soliders and veterans for doing what you do. I truely appricaiate the hard work and sacrifce you do for such a worthy cause.

Hurst Family said...

wow! Thank you for posting that...it was amazing.

julie said...

Loved this post!! And I loved all the cute pics of you guys! Super tender! :)