11.17.2009

Newport...

So, I took Logan and Mya, our horse, I mean dog, down to the beach this morning to let them run off some energy. I love the beach. Enough said. However, I do look out at the Ocean and it is somehow odd to me how it can be both extremely terrifying and very calming at the same time. Today, while we were out there, it was either high tide, or Newport is slipping into the Ocean a lot more quickly than I had originally thought. Which means, we will be vacating and moving inland as soon as possible. Anyhow, I look at the magnificent ocean and can't help but know that God loves me. The Earth, with all of it's functional parts, everything working together to fulfill God's divine purposes, mountains and valleys, oceans and dry earth, desserts and rain forests. Does it seem distinct to anyone else how a loving Heavenly Father made everything not only FUNCTIONAL, but breath takingly BEAUTIFUL? We live just off of the Pacific Coast Highway, which, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful stretches of pavement in the entire world. If any of you are familiar with at least the Oregon Coast, you know of it's majestic nature and awe inspiring beauty. You honestly have the best of both worlds here. You have the gorgeous woods and mountainy areas and all the camping, fishing and hunting you could ask for. Then just across the street, you have the Ocean. With it's rugged cliffs and striking beaches. I love it here. You should come visit. There is truly so much to see and experience. The wind has been incredible here the last few days! I heard somewhere that we were expected to have gusts of 95 MPH! That's insane! I love sitting in my house, listening to the rain. It's so calming to go to bed at night and here it falling right above my head outside our window. You can't ask for anything better. Okay, maybe a fireplace would be nice to curl up in front of. Our TV just doesn't generate that warmy feeling quite like a fire... Newport. I love you. Thank you for being here. Ocean, you are amazing. Thank you for letting me feel your breezes and watch your waves. Adam, thank you for bringing me here. I love it. And you. Logan, thank you for giving me a reason to get up and out of the house this morning and every morning. Mya, thank you for NOT attacking those dogs this morning like I thought you were going to. I don't want to ruin my thoughts of the beach. That's all. Come visit. And stay a while. Jenn. And Newport...

No comments: