10.03.2008


My husband is wonderful. He just received a promotion in the Air Force. He is now what they call a Senior Airman. Instead of just an Airman. I am so proud of him! As tradition in the Air Force, Logan and I got to go up with him when his name was read and he walked across the stage. That was a very special time for me because I wasn't able to go the last time because I was not yet a spouse. So, I've been waiting a while! Anyway, as tradition is, the spouse, or whomever is giving the promotion, another stripe on his sleeve, gets to punch it on his sleeve. The put tape on the back of it so it will stick. When we punched it on, I helped little Logan punch on her Daddy's new promotion. It was very fun. Both Adam and I were very nervous. I don't do well in front of people and he was both nervous and excited, I'm sure! He had to remember to salute when he left the stage!!! He was scared to forget, which I can totally understand, it's almost a crime to not salute someone you're supposed to salute in the military!! When we're out and he salutes, I always get worried like, "am I supposed to salute, too?!" Oh no!!!! It's fun! Anyway, WAY TO GO DADDY!!!! We are so proud of you!! Love, Jenn and Lola

5 comments:

Mandy and Lorin said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I know exactly what that is like because I did the kind of the same thing with Lorin when he was commissioned. Its a really neat experience.

Unknown said...

I loved the punching part right after we got married mike put on staff sergeant. I should have punched him a little harder looking back on it. I thought i'd have more chances. congrats!

Spencer Froerer said...

I am totally impressed! Congrats!

The Steele family said...

congrats that is so cool good job adam

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

K--we were not allowed to punch on stripes at our base? I wasn't there for either promotion ceremony. I don't know why i missed the SRA, but he was depolyed during SSgt. Anyway, congrats to you both! You guys planning on staying in the military family when his enlistment is up, or are you getting out?