10.09.2008

So, um, my cute little husband is going away for a few weeks and I don't know quite what to do with myself. It's weird cuz it's always been in the future and I haven't had to worry about it so I think I just subconsciously told myself that it wasn't going to happen. All of a sudden this weekend is an awful lot closer than I ever wanted it to be! I mean, I guess the quicker it comes, the quicker it goes, right? He'll be gone for six weeks to a classified location and I have no idea what kind of communication we will be able to have!! I know they will have email but I will miss his handsome comforting voice so much. I think of how much Logan is going to change and it chokes me up!! But we will make it and we are so lucky that it's not longer this time!!! I'm just going to be sitting here Sunday afternoon licking my wounds and wanting him to quit the Air Force as soon as he gets back. Those of you who know what I'm going thru I know you have wonderful words for me and I would love to hear them!!! I will most likely be blogging a lot more in the coming weeks!! Wish me luck!!!!

5 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

As a veteran Air Force wife, I just have to say, may the force be with you. The first longer away time is always a bit harder than the rest. Just really enjoy Logan and remember that this too shall pass. :) I always get a few projects in the works to do at night. That way the time we would have normally spent together I have something fun to do that occupies my time. I either scrapbook, do better journal writing, read a few books, made daddy quilts one year for the 3 older ones. Just things that I normally do not get a lot of time for. Or you can email me your number and I will give you a call and we can chat for awhile too. :)

Mandy and Lorin said...

I also have been through this twice now. Just believe me when I tell you when he comes home, you will look back and see it actually went faster than you thought. The first time, I didn't have ANY communication from Lorin except a couple of letters in the mail. It was really hard, but I felt so much stronger afterward. The first few weeks were the hardest, and the last portion flew by because I was just so filled with excitement to see him! I found that I did best when I forced myself out of the house and spent time with other people. So whatever you do, don't seclude yourself. And now is the best time ever to really work on your getting in shape goal! Exercise helps boost endorphins, as well as looking great when he gets home! :) Good luck, you can do it!!!

Spencer Froerer said...

We should do a girl day soon :)
Hope all is well!

Teresa said...

I don't remember if I told you that Chris was in Bangladesh for 5 weeks. I know a lot of people have to be apart for a lot longer than that, but I still felt pretty sorry for myself. All I can say about it is that yes, it sucks, but we sure appreciate each other so much when we are apart and it is so happy when we are reunited. It reminds us how much we love and need each other.
So, an another note, how do you get your blog so cute? Are there websites where you can get other templates because I just have a very generic one. Your's is so adorable!!

The Steele family said...

I tagged you read my blog to find out what to do.